16 Mar Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years
- Career Level: Mid-level
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Travel Requirements: Not applicable
As a member of the IT team, you will be the lead architect and developer of the backend systems that serve both internal and external clients. We are looking for an analytical, results-driven engineer who is passionate about solving challenging problems and is eager to have a high impact on the company. This position will be an integral part of a cross-organizational team that architects and develops the infrastructure to power our company’s next generation of software.
- Participate in all stages of the application development process—architectural design, development, deployment and application monitoring.
- Develop clean, reusable, and testable RESTful APIs in the language of your choice.
- Design relational and NoSQL database schemas using the latest technologies.
- Effectively communicate with others on the team and stakeholders across the company.
- Evaluate and recommend the best software designs and architecture for reliability and interoperability.
- Provide upgrades to existing products and lead the development of new products.
- Support both external clients and internal staff members in the use of applications.
- Iterate quickly in an Agile development process.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing, coding, and debugging backend services and web applications.
- Strong experience with backend development in one or more programming languages: such as Java, Python, PHP, or C#.
- Strong experience with relational databases such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or MySQL and non-relational databases such as MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Experience in addressing application deployment architectures and concerns such as performance, reliability, scalability, availability, and security.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and easily adapt within a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new technologies as needed.
- Working knowledge of version control such as with git.
- Having the desire to continuously grow and learn.
Nice to Haves
- A passion for global sustainability.
- Familiarity with embedded hardware and software.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Technical leadership of an engineering team.
- Front-end development experience with React, Typescript, ES6, or similar languages/libraries.