Procedure for found (recovered) tagstop of page
If you have found a tag along the shore, on a fish, or anywhere else, we’d like to know about it. There may be scientific data still on the tag. Please leave the tag in the condition in which you found it, as this may be of interest to the researcher who deployed it.
What to do… First, look for the serial number of the tag, which will be in small print on one of the labels on the tag. The number will be something like 12A1234, 13P0123, or 1391234. We will use this number to determine who owns the tag.
Next, email us with the serial number and your contact information. Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you to follow up. While email is best, if you do not have access to email, you may call us at +1.425.881.3048. If you do call, we are in the Pacific time zone (GMT -8, or -7 during daylight saving time).
Often people want to know the history of the tag they found, such as what species carried it and where. This is information the owner will have and may provide, if you request it.
The standard lead time varies by tag type and configuration, but for most orders is around 8 weeks. Custom orders may run somewhat longer. Please contact us for more detailed information.
Our standard shipping method is UPS Next Day Air, Fed Ex Standard Overnight, or DHL Express. All shipments are insured, unless otherwise directed by the purchaser. Shipping and insurance charges are added to the invoice. Please contact us if you have different requirements.
Payments can be made by check drawn on a U.S. bank, money order, bank draft, or electronic funds transfer. All funds must be in USD. Prices are based upon payment by electronic funds transfer or check. Other payment methods may be assessed a handling fee of up to 3%. Bank information for electronic funds transfers will be supplied with your invoice. All sales, use, and other taxes, and customs and duty charges are the responsibility of the buyer. Late payments are subject to a late charge of 1% per month.
Limited warranty and liabilitytop of page
Wildlife Computers instruments are fit for their intended purpose when delivered and are not subject to any other warranty. Wildlife Computers’ liability is limited in all circumstances to, at its option, the repair or replacement of instruments until deployed by a customer, provided the customer has not modified or misused the instruments. By accepting delivery of the instruments, a customer acknowledges and agrees to this limitation of liability.
Tag returns/Problem resolutiontop of page
Occasionally, a tag may need to be returned to Wildlife Computers by the customer. Reasons include refurbishment, rebattery, repair, specialized data recovery, or warranty work.
If you experience a problem with a tag, please contact us before returning the tag. Often the problem is not an actual defect. Discussing the symptoms with us may determine a quick fix for the problem. If a defect is determined to have occurred, the tag must be returned to us for failure analysis.
Please contact us, preferably by email, prior to sending a package. If necessary to return a tag, please follow the procedures outlined in the appropriate “Return instructions” FAQ.
In the case of a true defect, we reserve the right to determine cause of failure, but always strive to be as fair as possible in our evaluation. If the returned instrument is determined to be defective, the product will be replaced or repaired at our discretion at no cost to the customer.
In all cases, Wildlife Computers will make every effort to resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction and to uphold our commitment to excellent customer service and quality products.
Repair return lead timestop of page
The standard lead time for returns, regardless of the reason for the return, is approximately 12 weeks. If this time frame will not work for you, please contact us to discuss your situation.
Return instructions for evaluation or repair – International and Domestic packagestop of page
It is extremely important that proper documentation be included in each package. This information includes:
The easiest thing to do is to complete and print a
Return Authorization Form to include in your package. This will provide us with the information we need.
International returns MUST specify clearly on the shipping paperwork that the contents are “Made in the U.S.A. Returning to manufacturer for evaluation/repair.” This information will minimize any possible customs issues or delays. If you are aware of any specific customs requirements that we need to meet for the return shipment to you, please be sure to notify us in advance. This may include specific verbiage required on a package or whether a specific courier or broker should be used for the return shipment.
- the quantity of tags in the package
- the serial number of each tag
- what is to be done to/with each tag
- the date of the next field season for which the tag(s) are needed
- a hard copy of any related email correspondence which discusses any specific issues with the tags(s) you are returning. (This will provide some background information for the person receiving the package.)
Return shipping addresstop of page
We recommend using a carrier such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL, and suggest forwarding the tracking number to us by email. The tags should be carefully packaged, insured, and shipped to:
8310 154th Ave NE, Suite 150
Redmond, WA 98052 USA
All delivery dates quoted are offered in good faith, however they are not guaranteed. Quoted delivery dates are subject to change. Wildlife Computers does not assume responsibility for shipping delays resulting from handling by commercial or private carriers.
Customer requests and inputtop of page
We welcome customer feedback and constructive suggestions. If you have requests for future upgrades in hardware or software capabilities, please email us with the details. While we cannot implement every request, we will consider each that we receive.
If you experience any problems using the site, please notify us. We also welcome feedback on the site and how it can better meet the needs of our customers.
Tag Agent only works on Windows XP or higher.
Tag Agent administers the following tags:
BathyGraph, DSA, mrPAT, PTR, SPOT5, SPOT6, SPOT6-F, MiniPAT
The following are required:
By installing Tag Agent, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Windows XP or Higher
- Windows Installer 3.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)
- USB Communications Cable Drivers (64-bit, 32-bit)
General Terms Agreement
This agreement relates to software provided free of charge for the purposes of managing Wildlife Computer tags (“Software”).
- Acceptance of Terms
- By using the Software of Wildlife Computers in any way, including using, transmitting, downloading or uploading the Software, you agree to these General Terms.
- You may not use the Software, or accept the General Terms, if (i) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Wildlife Computers, or (ii) you are prohibited by law from receiving or using the Software, or (iii) you are using it in conjunction with data generated from any other manufacturer’s tags.
- Use of Software
- You agree to not use this Software for any commercial purpose, or to transfer it to anyone who intends to use it for a commercial purpose, without written permission from Wildlife Computers. For the purposes of this section, “commercial purpose” means the use of the software for a fee, charge or other consideration, or directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit.
- You agree to adhere to all limitations on dissemination, use and reproduction of any Software that you download, access, or receive from Wildlife Computers, regardless of whether there is any monetary amount paid for the Software.
- Unless expressly agreed to by Wildlife Computers in writing elsewhere, Wildlife Computers has no obligation to store any materials that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through your use of the Software. Wildlife Computers has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any materials, including your content, the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of materials, or the security, privacy, storage or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of the Software.
- You agree to use the Software only for purposes that are permitted by the General Terms and any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in any applicable jurisdiction (including any laws regarding the export of data or Software to and from the United States or other applicable countries) ("Law"). These General Terms specifically prohibit use of this Software in analyzing data from tags made by other manufacturers.
- You agree not to access or attempt to access the Software by any means other than the interface provided by Wildlife Computers.
- The Software may be protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, trade secret, unfair competition, and/or other intellectual and proprietary rights (the "Intellectual Property Rights"). Except as expressly provided in the General Terms, Wildlife Computers does not grant any express or implied right to use the Software.
- Use of Software
- Any Software that is made available is the property of Wildlife Computers. You shall not use, download or install any Software unless you agree to the terms of this agreement.
- User Conduct
- You agree that you, not Wildlife Computers, are entirely responsible for all of your data that you compile, upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available to others including the public, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted. You assume all risks associated with use of your data, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. You expressly understand and agree that:
- The Software is provided by Wildlife Computers "as is," without warranty of any kind, expressed, implied, statutory or otherwise. All potential legal claims against Wildlife Computers arising from the use of the software are waived.
- Wildlife Computers, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to any actions resulting from your use of the Software, you acknowledge use at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. Wildlife Computers assumes no liability for any computer virus or similar code that is downloaded to your computer from the Software.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, the limitation or exclusion of implied warranties, or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall Wildlife Computers, its officers, directors, employees, partners or suppliers be liable to you or any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not foreseeable or if Wildlife Computers has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or based on any theory of liability, including breach of contract or warranty, negligence or other tortious action, or any other claim arising out of or in connection with your use of or access to the site, services or materials.
- Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental, consequential or punitive damages. Accordingly, the limitations and exclusions set forth above shall not apply in the event they are prohibited in the jurisdiction to which Wildlife Computers transacts business.