The SPLASH10-F-296 is a data-archiving satellite transmitting tag designed for tracking vertical and horizontal movements of free-range marine animals.
It is Fastloc that sets this tag apart:
- Highly accurate—to 20 m with optimal satellite coverage.
- Fast acquisition—even after prolonged sleep, a location can be acquired in a fraction of a second. Very little surface exposure is needed.
- All acquired GPS snapshots are stored for validation post-download.
- Flexible scheduling—fixes can be scheduled at regular intervals or duty-cycled depending on day or season.
- Many locations are possible—hundreds achievable per day for a higher resolution track.