29 Sep Test/Calibration Technician
Working at Wildlife Computers makes you passionate about saving the world.
Wildlife Computers is the home where you’ve wanted to work your entire career. We are a locally owned, a-typical manufacturing company that recognizes and rewards hard work and dedication. You will become an important member of our team, not just a number.
What We are Looking for From You
Wildlife Computers is looking for a Test/Calibration Technician to provide quality control, testing, and calibration of animal research tags to ensure they conform to company standards and technical specifications before being sent to the customer. This role is 80% computer-based and 20% working hands-on with products.
What You Will Do in a Day
Our new technician will help us:
- Test and calibrate uncasted, cast, and repaired tags through depth, temperature, clock compensation, satellite, and GPS tests.
- Inspect tags before shipping, including software, setup, and product appearance.
- Ensure all orders are fulfilled with the correct items and accessories.
- Provide feedback to the Engineering group.
- Create or modify existing manufacturing fixtures, molds, and jigs.
- Perform final assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, and color-coding parts and assemblies
What You Get from Us
We offer the opportunity to work on cool projects, create innovative technology, and collaborate with an amazing team filled with scientists, engineers, researchers, and more. We also offer a company culture steeped in family, friendship, and stability. We embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. With all of that, we offer the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off – you begin accruing 24 days of PTO per year on your first day of employment.
- Holidays – each employee receives six federal holidays plus ten days off for our year-end closure.
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage – three different plans to choose from.
- Health Savings Account.
- 401K – with a yearly Safe Harbor Contribution by the company.
- Employee Appreciation Events.
- Educational Assistance – take classes and certificate courses to maintain and improve your skills.
- Long-term Disability.
We will also help you elevate your game and skills by encouraging and cheering you on. There are opportunities for leadership, learning new skills, and mentoring.
If you are our new Test/Calibration Technician, contact us to learn more about the job. Look at the website, WildlifeComputers.com, to learn more about what we do.