TDR-Mk9 286C Product Information
Wildlife Computers Mk9 Time-Depth Recorders (TDR-Mk9) are small archival tags best designed for studies involving marine animals where the tag and/or animal can be recovered.
Key advantages of the TDR-Mk9 include:
- Small size—it is Wildlife Computers smallest data archiving tag and it can withstand 1000 meters of pressure. Additional configurations withstand up to 2000 meters.
- Long life—efficient power management allows tags to function for multi-year deployments.
- Cost-effective—TDR tags are a cost-effective option for studies where tags can be recovered.
- User-programmable sampling protocols—users can specify which sensors to sample and at what interval.
- Tag activation—the tag can be turned on and off with a magnet. The LED flash sequence indicates whether the tag is in standby mode or deployed.
- Data decoding, analysis, and communication—Wildlife Computers provides easy-to-use software that allows the user to set up the tag for deployment, download the data after recovery, and aid in the analysis of the data.
- Geolocation using light-level—Wildlife Computers GPE3 estimates daily longitude and latitude from recorded light-level curves.
The TDR-Mk9 measures depth, temperature, and light-level and also differentiate wet or dry conditions at a user-configured sampling interval. Light-level and a second temperature sensor can be added to a sensor stalk making it suitable for both external attachment and internal implantation. TDR-Mk9s have been used on seals, penguins, otters, large pelagic fish, and many other applications.
TDR-Mk9 User Guide
This user guide gives you all the essential information needed for interacting with, configuring, and deploying this tag.
64-bit USB Driver 18-Dec-2017
Driver for the Wildlife Computers USB Communications cable. A 32-bit version is available on our Downloads
(Wildlife Computers Mk9 Host Program) Version: 1.09.3000 23-Apr-2018
Installs the Mk9Host program used for communicating with TDR-Mk9 tags. Mk9Host allows you to set up the tag's deployment parameters and allows you to download archived data when the tag is recovered.
GPE3 User Guide
A statistical model for estimating animal movements. GPE3 is an integrated component of the Wildlife Computers Data Portal and runs exclusively on our servers.
Below are the general physical specifications of TDR-Mk9 tags. *** indicates the specification is dependent upon the configuration model